Position Title: Seasonal Warehouse Personnel
Nature of the work:
The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Will help customers and delivery personnel load and unload vehicles. Will also help maintain inventory. Shipping and receiving functions, from light to heavy, are also performed. Janitorial responsibilities, both inside and outside the premises, are also involved.
Position tasks and activities:
- Clean and prep inventory including but not limited to tables, chairs, tents, dance floors, stages, etc. per the instructions of the warehouse manager.
- After cleaning, thoroughly check operation of equipment and look for missing fastener parts, etc.
- Assist with loading/unloading trucks.
- Greet and assist customers with loading and unloading of rental equipment. Be sure customer understands proper usage and safety features of rented equipment. If loading securely fasten equipment to customer’s vehicle.
- Keep warehouse and dock areas clean and neat, keep all shelves free of dust, keep floors swept, etc.
- Stock service area. Communicate with supervisor.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Working conditions: Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.