Position Title: China and Linen Preparation Personnel
Nature of the Work:
Includes the cleaning and preparation of linens, china, flatware, glassware, chafers and other food service equipment. There is a high degree of lifting and a significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Applicant would also be responsible for inventory and quality control of equipment. Position requires daily use of washers, dryers, laundry press and dishwasher. Applicant will be required to use dollies, carts, racks and ladders. Must have a full range of motion and dexterity. Must accept and follow instructions from supervisor
Position tasks and activities:
- Pull and stage all linen, china, flatware, and glassware for orders on a daily basis.
- Check in returned orders daily.
- Clean equipment as specified by manufacturer and company policy.
- Wrap and package equipment according to company policy.
- Uphold the quality control standards of the company.
- Inform sales department of missing or broken items daily so they can close the customer contracts and charge customers when necessary.
- Track broken, damaged, and missing dishes, linens and equipment and report to supervisor on a regular basis.
- Assist with inventory.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Working conditions: Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some areas may not be heated or air conditioned. The typical tools (hand trucks, dollies, carts, and racks, etc.) can be considered hazards. Most mechanical equipment used (dishwashers, press, etc.) are electrical. There is exposure to washing detergents, cleaning chemicals, and hot water.