Position Title: Crew Member
Nature of the work:
Will assist team members from The Alleen Company in loading and unloading vehicles/trucks and work with delivery personnel/driver and dispatcher/delivery coordinator to deliver any equipment in full or partial loads. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner.
Position tasks and activities:
- Load and unload equipment.
- Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Assist with the delivery, setup, tear down and pick up of equipment.
- Provide directional assistance when parking delivery truck.
- Read a road map and clearly communicate directions to the driver.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory to answer questions upon delivery.
- Place returned inventory in appropriate designated area for inspection.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, with the exception of several hours in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. Some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene, and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment and lighting may be delivered. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.